Bring out the best in your Easter ham or lamb with this fast fruit compote. Jean Ecos - Hartland, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fully cooked lean ham
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduced heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring
- frequently. Serve warm with ham. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without ham) equals 57 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.