Five-Cheese Stuffed Shells
These yummy stuffed pasta shells will make any luncheon special, assures Wendy Lee Guerin of Fridley, Minnesota. "I experimented with various cheeses, herbs and spices until I found that just-right blend. Try adding chopped walnuts for extra protein and a little crunch."
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups cooked chopped spinach
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl,
- combine the next 11 ingredients; spoon into shells.
- Arrange in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2 stuffed shells) equals 226 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 849 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,