Fish Stick Supper
Dill adds fresh flavor to this comforting combination of foods you likely keep in your freezer. "When our children were growing up, they loved this meal," remarks Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington. "It's a unique way to serve fish sticks."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen breaded fish sticks (about 18)
- Break apart hash browns with a fork; set aside. In a large bowl, beat
- eggs and milk. Add minced onion, dill, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Stir in hash browns and cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish; arrange fish sticks over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until top is golden
- brown and fish flakes with a fork. Let casserole stand for 5 minutes
- before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 351 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 186 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.