Fish Stick Sandwiches
Make the most of convenient frozen fish sticks with these fun family-pleasing sandwiches from Cherie Durbin. "My mom whipped these up whenever she wanted fish in a hurry," writes the Hickory, North Carolina reader.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (11.4 ounces) frozen breaded fish sticks
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- Shredded lettuce, chopped onion and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter and lemon juice. Dip fish sticks in
- butter mixture. Place in a single layer in an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until crispy. Spread mayonnaise
- on bottom of buns; add fish sticks. Top with lettuce, onion and
- tomato if desired. Replace bun tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 355 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 572 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.