Fish Sandwich Loaf
Roasted red peppers give this beautiful sandwich fantastic flavor. And don't worry, the fish is surprisingly mild, so kids won't be bothered by the spices.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 2 packages (7.6 ounces each) frozen Cajun blackened grilled fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, patted dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut the top half off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out top and
- bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another
- Microwave fish fillets according to package directions. Meanwhile,
- combine butter and garlic; spread over cut sides of bread. In bread
- bottom, layer fish, red peppers and cheese. Replace bread top.
- Wrap loaf in foil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese
- is melted. Slice and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.