Fish Fillets with Stuffing
Donna Smith of Victor, New York offers a delicious microwave entree. "The fish is moist and the stuffing adds crunch."
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds fish fillets (cod, whitefish, haddock, etc.)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients and mix well. In a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe dish, arrange the fillets with
- stuffing between them. Moisten paper towels with water; place over
- fish. Cook 9-11 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork,
- rotating dish occasionally. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 266 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.