This recipe gets its unique name from the combination of cool crisp vegetables and the spicy jalapeno and dressing. Folks I serve it to agree this is the best cucumber salad that they've ever tasted.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, green pepper, jalapeno and onion;
- set aside. Combine the next seven ingredients in a saucepan; bring
- to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Pour over vegetables. Let stand
- until mixture comes to room temperature. Stir in cucumbers.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Drain before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 57 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.