Whenever I serve these make-ahead appetizers, they disappear fast. When a friend at the office shared them with me, I knew in one bite I'd be bringing her recipe home for the holidays.
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, picante sauce, taco
- seasoning and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in olives, chilies,
- cheese and onions. Spread about 1/2 cup on each tortilla.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2
- hours or overnight. Slice into 1-in. pieces. Serve with salsa.
- Yield: about 5 dozen.
Editor's Note: Pinwheels may be prepared ahead and frozen. Thaw in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 170 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium,