"Chili powder and picante sauce add just the right dash of zip to this hearty main dish," notes Teresa Peterson of Kasson, Minnesota. "It's a snap to assemble since it uses convenience foods."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soups, tomatoes, picante sauce, green
- pepper, onion and chili powder. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish, layer half of the tortilla strips, chicken, soup mixture and
- cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until bubbly. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 324 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.