Fiesta Chicken 'N' Stuffing
My mother gave me this recipe at my bridal shower, and I've been making it ever since. Mom knew that every new bride needs recipes for good food that is super easy to make.Angela Peppers, Memphis, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups crushed stuffing mix
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk. Stir in the stuffing mix,
- chicken, tomato, chilies and onions.
- Transfer to a greased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Microwave,
- covered, on high for 2 minutes; stir. Microwave for another 2
- minutes; stir.
- Cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes longer or until set and a meat thermometer
- reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with
- sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 306 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 656 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a