This dip is always a big hit with menmaybe because of the hearty blend of flavors. It stands up great as a leftover besides...if there's any left over.
I was raised on a Montana ranch, and my grandmother taught me to cook when I was 10 years old. My husband and I (we have one married daughter) are retired now. To stay active, I bowl and do crafts. My collection of cookbooks keeps right o
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 ripe California Avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Combine beans and taco seasoning. Spread mixture on a round 12-in.
- serving platter. Mash avocados with lemon juice. Spread over beans.
- Spread sour cream over avocado. Sprinkle olives, chilies, tomatoes,
- onions and cheese over sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 215 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.