- Add the corn, tomatoes, rice, seasonings and beans. Remove from the
- heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Set aside.
- Peel off and discard charred skins from poblanos. Cut a lengthwise
- slit down each pepper, leaving the stem intact; remove membranes and
- seeds. Fill each pepper with 2/3 cup filling.
- Place peppers in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until
- heated through, sprinkling with green onions and remaining cheese
- during last 5 minutes of baking. Garnish with sour cream.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed pepper with 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 223 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.