This delicious dish from field editor Cassandra Corridon of Frederick, Maryland is chockfull of crisp-tender vegetables that are delicately seasoned with garlic, cheese and chicken broth. You can serve it either as a colorful side dish or a meatless main course.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup julienned carrot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup julienned zucchini
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- skillet or wok, stir-fry the cauliflower, peas, broccoli and carrot
- in oil for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini, red pepper and garlic;
- stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in broth. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain fettuccine; add to
- vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 364 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 17 g protein.