Feta Chicken Salad
I grew up eating chicken because my father was the manager at a poultry facility, but this is the one dish that never gets boring. —Cheryl Lundquist, Wake Forest, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- whisk the lemon juice, oil, Greek seasoning, salt and pepper. Pour
- over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 198 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable,