Feta Artichoke Bites
You can prepare the flavorful topping for this appetizer ahead of time. Then spread onto slices of bread and broil for a fast, festive snack.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 loaf sourdough baguette (about 20 inches long)
- Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tablespoons marinade. Chop artichokes
- and place in a large bowl. Stir in the tomatoes, cheeses, onions and
- reserved marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut baguette into 1/2-in. slices. Spread with artichoke mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for
- 4-5 minutes or until edges of bread are browned. Serve immediately.
- Yield: about 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 pieces equals 81 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.