Festive Tomato Wedges
Since I have a large vegetable and herb garden, many of the ingredients in this recipe are truly "homegrown". I found this simple recipe in a magazine years ago and it quickly became a favorite at family picnics. I have five married children and seven grandchildren, and they all love to come home for some of "Mom's cooking". —Wilma Purcell, Alma, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 medium fresh tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place tomato wedges in a large bowl. Place remaining ingredients in a
- blender; cover and process until blended. Pour dressing over
- tomatoes and toss gently. Chill before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 143 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.