Festive Spaghetti 'n' Meatballs
"When I don't have enough time to make spaghetti sauce from scratch, I dress up a store-bought jar with fresh vegetables and frozen meatballs," says Mary Ann Kosmas of Minneapolis, Minnesota. "A touch of wine makes it special."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine or water
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onion in
- oil until crisp-tender; stir in wine or water. Bring to a boil; cook
- for 2 minutes. Stir in spaghetti sauce and meatballs. Return to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until
- meatballs are heated through.
- Serve meatballs and sauce with spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 787 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 928 mg sodium, 115 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 34 g protein.