Festive Pumpkin Dip
An unexpected use for pumpkin is in this creamy, zippy snack dip. It's a chunky, satisfying dip perfect for any time.Evelyn Kennell, Roanoke, Illinois
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup chopped dried beef
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian or pumpernickel bread
- Fresh vegetables, crackers or corn chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin, taco seasoning and garlic
- powder until smooth. Stir in beef, peppers and olives. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, cut top off bread; scoop out bread from inside,
- leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save the bread from inside to make croutons
- or bread crumbs or save for another use). Fill shell with cream
- cheese mixture. Serve with vegetables, crackers or corn chips.
- Yield: 3 cups.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.