Slices of tender pork are dressed up in a tangy sauce in this quick recipe shared by Marilyn Paradis, a field editor from Woodburn, Oregon. "The pretty sauce gives the pork a mouthwatering yuletide touch."Marilyn Paradis, Woodburn, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cut tenderloin into 12 slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a
- large skillet, brown pork on both sides over medium heat in oil. Add
- 1/4 cup of beef broth; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes
- or until tender. Remove meat to a serving dish and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the cranberries, mustard and remaining
- broth. Combine orange juice concentrate and cornstarch until smooth;
- gradually add to broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 162 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.