Festive Pecan Pie
“Folks always ooh and ahh when I serve this rich pie at special events,” confirms Patti Astle from Baraboo, Wisconsin.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for
- another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half
- into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- In a small bowl, combine the next six ingredients until well mixed.
- Stir in the pecans. Pour into pie shell. Cover edges loosely with
- foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25
- minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 459 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.