Fennel Waldorf Salad
“The old standby Waldorf salad is simply too good to let slip away! Here's a new slant featuring fresh fennel. Try Braeburn apples for a fresh, crisp flavor.” Donna Noel - Gray Maine
4 ServingsPrep/Total time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fennel bulb
- 1-1/2 cups sliced apples
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine fennel and apples. In a small bowl, whisk
- the mayonnaise, milk, onion and salt. Pour over fennel mixture and
- toss to coat. Just before serving, stir in pecans. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 112 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.