Fennel Green Salad
Herb grower Mary Sisson Eibs of Tucson, Arizona says, "Fennel is a hardy plant with many uses. One favorite is this crisp salad. The subtle fennel dressing has a wonderful homemade flavor."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups torn salad greens
- 1/4 cup sliced fennel bulb
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fennel fronds
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a salad bowl, combine greens, fennel bulb, onion, mushrooms and
- red pepper. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil,
- vinegar, fennel fronds, honey and salt; shake well. Drizzle over
- salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 182 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.