"Scones fit into just about every meal," assures Stephanie Moon, from Boise, Idaho."This dough bakes up beautifully into fully golden wedges. We love the tender triangles with butter and cinnamon-sugar," she adds.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and
- salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir
- in the egg, yogurt and vanilla just until combined. Turn onto a
- floured surface; knead 6-8 times.
- Roll into a 9-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Place on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 413 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.