Favorite Mediterranean Salad
Got a crowd coming over for a backyard barbecue? This crisp, big-batch salad makes a great accompaniment to any main dish you fix on the grill. —Pat Stevens, Granbury, Texas
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 18 cups torn romaine (about 2 large bunches)
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a very large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a
- small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and
- toss to coat. Yield: 28 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 69 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.