Favorite Mashed Sweet Potatoes
My family begs me to make mashed sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love this recipe because it can be made a day ahead and warmed up before the big meal. —Senja Merrill, Sandy, Utah
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Mash potatoes with remaining ingredients. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 117 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.