Favorite French Dressing
My mom and her cousin developed this tangy dressing many years ago. It really perks up salad greens and holds together well once mixed. Everyone wants the recipe once they try it.
-Linda Nilsen, Anoka, Minnesota
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar and
- onion; set aside. Combine salt, mustard, paprika and 2 tablespoons
- chili sauce to form a paste. Add remaining chili sauce and mix well.
- Pour into vinegar mixture; add oil and shake well. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 102 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.