- Place 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic
- bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a
- large skillet, cook chicken in oil and 2 tablespoons butter in
- batches until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms and shallots in remaining butter until tender. Add
- wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Sprinkle with
- remaining flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in broth and
- cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes
- or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package
- directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. In the same
- Dutch oven, saute garlic in oil and butter for 2 minutes. Return
- pasta to the pan; stir in the cheese, salt, pepper, pepper flakes
- and reserved cooking liquid.
- Place pasta on a serving platter; top with chicken and sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cup pasta with 3 ounces cooked chicken and 1/2 cup sauce equals 945 calories, 52 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 673 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.