Fast Rhubarb Sundaes
A backyard rhubarb patch provides tangy stalks that Carol uses in the same mouthwatering way her mother did. "I can whip up the sauce for Rhubard Sundaes in just 4 minutes while the chicken is broiling." she shares.
It's fun to fix when unexpected guests drop by and also delicious served over pound cake. I freeze extra rhubarb I've picked so we can enjoy this treat anytime we like throughout t
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the rhubarb, water and salt. Cover
- and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring after every minute.
- Stir in sugar; cover and microwave 30 seconds longer. Serve warm or
- cooled over ice cram. Store any leftover sauce in the refrigerator.
- Yield: about 2 cups sauce.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 27 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.