Fast Mashed Potato Soup
You won't recognize the leftover mashed potatoes in this excellent tasting soup from Dorothy Bateman of Carver, Massachusetts. "Topped with chives, it's especially good on chilly fall evenings, she notes.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a saucepan, saute =onion in butter until tender. Add the milk,
- potatoes, salt and celery salt if desired and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared with margarine and skim milk and without salt and celery salt) equals 192 calories, 401 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 28 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm protein, 6 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 skim milk, 1 fat, 1 starch.