Fast Marinated Tomatoes
A dash of cinnamon gives these tasty tomatoes from our home economists traditional Greek flavor. It's a super summer salad.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Red leaf lettuce
- 8 pitted kalmata olives or ripe olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Minced fresh parsley
- Arrange tomatoes on a lettuce-lined serving plate. Sprinkle with
- olives. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, onion, honey,
- garlic, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Drizzle over tomatoes and olives.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 61 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.