Fast Layered Chicken Salad
I prepare this satisfying salad Saturday evening and serve it to my husband and sons on Sunday after a round of gold. It's a winner on warm days - with a unique mix of vegetables like bean sprouts, green onions, water chestnuts and pea pods. And it's lovely in a glass bowl.
-Joanne Trentadue, Racine, Wisconsin
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 to 5 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 pound fresh pea pods, halved
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley sprigs, optional
- Place lettuce in bottom of a 4-quart glass salad bowl. Layer with
- cucumber, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, onions, pea pods and
- chicken. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, curry and
- ginger. Spread over top of salad. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and
- parsley if desired. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 476 calories, 40 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.