Fast Italian Pork Hoagies
I received this recipe from the parents of one of the preschoolers where I teach. They're pork producers. This works well as a quick lunch or pre-game meal.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each), cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- 2 hard rolls or other small sandwich rolls
- 4 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Place pork in a resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a skillet, cook the strips over medium
- heat until no longer pink; set aside. Meanwhile, place open sandwich
- buns on a baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce on the bottom half of
- each bun. Top with pork strips, cheese and onions. Bake at 350°
- for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bun is lightly toasted.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 sandwich) equals 458 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat, 2 starch.