Fast Italian Beef Hoagies
These simple, hearty sandwiches require just a handful of ingredients and go together in a flash. Annie King of North Lewisburg, Ohio writes, “My family thought they were wonderful, and the recipe helped me put leftover pot roast to great use.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 12 slices cooked roast beef (1/4 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pickled pepper rings
- Place buns cut side up on a baking sheet. Place beef on bottom
- halves; top with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 325° for 10-13 minutes or until heated through and cheese
- is melted. Top with peppers. Replace bun tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 each equals 361 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,179 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.