Fast Fruit Salsa
We like this refreshing and colorful salsa served with tortilla chips or spooned over grilled chicken. For a fun twist, try stirring in some diced cantaloupe or peaches when they're in season.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, red onion and
- cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla
- chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/4-cup serving (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 31 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.