After a hard day of working on our farm, we look forward to a down-home dinner like this. Buttered bread crumbs enhance the mellow flavor of cream-style corn. --Deborah Binstock, South Heart, North Dakota
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk. Add the corn, soft bread
- crumbs, onion, mustard, salt and beef.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Toss dry bread crumbs
- with butter; sprinkle over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley
- if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium,