Farmer's Country Breakfast
When my family has a busy day ahead of them, I prepare a hearty breakfast to get them through the morning. Packed with pork sausage and potatoes, this one-skillet dish surely fills the bill.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage until fully cooked. Remove
- sausage, reserving drippings. In the drippings, cook potatoes and
- onion until potatoes are browned, stirring occasionally. In a bowl,
- beat eggs, milk, parsley and salt; pour over potato mixture. Add
- sausage; cook and stir gently over medium heat until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 287 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 352 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.