Meet the Cook: Between family and friends, we average 375 visitors a year! This casserole is handy - you can put it together the night before, let the flavors blend, then bake it in the morning. It's also versatile...elegant enough to serve for a ladies' brunch but hearty enough to satisfy a man-sized appetite.
-Nancy Schmidt, Center, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min.
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in an 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese,
- ham and onions. Whisk eggs, milk, pepper and salt; pour over all.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to
- 350°. Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 252 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.