Fancy Green Beans
What a treat for green beans! You’ll love the sweet-salty sauce, nutty taste of cashews and sprinkling of bacon. Kelly Waller - Madison, Florida
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, diced
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup salted whole cashews
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain
- and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, honey and
- butter. Saute pepper and onion in drippings until tender. Add the
- beans, teriyaki mixture, bacon, cashews and lemon juice; heat
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 139 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium,