Fancy Bean Salad
Bursting with a colorful crunch, this bean salad is a snap thanks to store-bought salad dressing.
Iola Eagle, Bella Vista, Arkansas
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen gold and white corn, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup fat-free honey Dijon salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour salad
- dressing over mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 168 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.