- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or
- until mushrooms are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into sauce.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with sauce. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked meat with 1/4 cup sauce, prepared with reduced-sodium beef broth) equals 265 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.