Looking for an eye-catching appetizer to dress up a dinner party or fun fall gathering? They don't come much cuter than the fanciful hard-cooked egg "toadstools" pictured here.
Capped with cherry tomatoes, these tasty morsels always delight family and friends, says creator Sue Cravatta of Elmwood Park, Illinois.
"They couldn't be easier to make, and my kids get the biggest kick out of them. They
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- Cut tomatoes in half widthwise; scoop out and discard pulp. Invert
- onto paper towels to drain. Carefully push each tomato half onto the
- narrow end of an egg.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a small plastic bag; fill with
- mayonnaise. Pipe dots onto tomato tops. Place on a spinach-lined
- serving plate. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 231 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.