Fabulous Green Beans
"My family loves this butter sauce over green beans whether they are fresh or frozen. I've used this easy recipe over sugar snap peas as well." —Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in.
- of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining ingredients until
- butter is melted. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; drizzle with
- butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 165 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.