Enlightened Spicy Avocado Dip
Bursting with flavor, this refreshing avocado dip hints of citrus and spice. Its lively green color suits the holiday season perfectly.Jessie Grearson, Falmouth, Maine
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium ripe California Avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon prepared wasabi
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Place the first seven ingredients in a food processor; cover and
- process until smooth. Chill until serving. Serve with vegetables.
- Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables) equals 154 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 fat.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.