English Muffins with Bacon Butter
For a change from the usual breakfast bread. Edna toasts up a batch of English Muffins with Bacon Butter. "The hint of Dijon mustard in this hearty spread really dresses up the English muffins," she comments.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 to 6 English muffins, split
- In a bowl, combine butter and mustard; stir in bacon. Toast the
- English muffins; spread with bacon butter. Refrigerate any leftover
- butter. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 248 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.