Endive Salad With Potatoes
Endive and cooked sliced red potatoes are the unusual combo Mom tossed together in this refreshing green salad. Her tart vinaigrette dressing brings out the best of both flavors.
-Lisa Radelet, Boulder, Colorado
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 bunches curly endive, torn (about 8 cups)
- 3 small red potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine endive and potatoes. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 68 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.