Enchilada Stuffed Shells
"I serve this entree to my husband, my sister and her husband, and received many compliments," notes Rebecca Stout of Conroe, Texas. "My brother-in-law is a hard-to-please eater, so when he said he loved it, I was thrilled. He even took leftovers for lunch the next day.
5 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 15 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and seasonings; set
- Place a rounded teaspoonful of refried beans in each pasta shell,
- then fill with turkey mixture. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3 stuffed shells) equals 379 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium,