Elegant Cranberry Pear Salad
This salad recipe, with its combination of fresh ingredients and crunchy walnuts, is quick to make and yet looks very elegant. —Irene Fenlason, East Helena, Montana
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 9 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium pear, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large serving bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar
- with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well.
- Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to
- coat. Yield: 13 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 155 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.