"Eggnog flavor is infused into the cookie and the glaze with this yummy recipe, perfect for the Christmas season."
92 ServingsPrep: 1-1/2 hours Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups plus 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 to 6 teaspoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and 2 cups sugar until
- light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine milk and creamer;
- set aside. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to
- the creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating well
- after each addition.
- In a small bowl, combine nutmeg and remaining sugar. Shape dough into
- 1-in. balls; roll in nutmeg mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets; flatten slightly with a glass.