Eggnog Molded Salad
For an excellent holiday gelatin salad, try this one. It looks so lovely on a platter and tastes good with the fruit and a hint of eggnog flavor. It goes well with any meal because it's refreshing.
-Alice Ceresa, Rochester, New York
10-12 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced pears
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Orange slices, maraschino cherries and mint leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and water; set aside. Drain pears,
- reserving juice; set pears aside. Add enough water to the juice to
- measure 2 cups. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from
- the heat; stir in gelatin mixture and lemon gelatin until completely
- dissolved. Cool for about 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream and eggnog
- until well blended. Chill until partially set. Cut the oranges and
- pears into chunks; add to eggnog mixture. Pour into an oiled 6-cup
- mold. Chill until firm. Garnish with oranges, cherries and mint if
- desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 153 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.