Eggnog Ladyfinger Dessert
The combination of cranberries and eggnog will bring a festive end to any holiday meal. Plus, it is super simple to prepare.Carole Resnick, Cleveland, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 1 pint raspberry or cranberry sorbet
- 3 cups eggnog
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Fresh raspberries or cranberries and fresh mint leaves
- Arrange 24 ladyfingers around the edge of an ungreased 9-in.
- springform pan; arrange 16 ladyfingers over the bottom (save
- remaining ladyfingers for another use). Spoon sorbet over
- ladyfingers; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggnog, evaporated milk, sour cream and
- pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over sorbet.
- Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. To use frozen dessert:
- Remove from the freezer 5-10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with
- raspberries and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 275 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a